Town of Arlington
Affirmative Action Advisory Committee
730 Massachusetts Avenue, Arlington, MA 02476
Barbara Boltz, Co-Chair
Adrienne McClure, Co-Chair
Caryn Cove Malloy, Equal Opportunity Officer
The Town of Arlington recognizes its legal obligation and moral responsibility to provide Equal Employment Opportunity to its employees and potential employees.
The Equal Opportunity Advisory Committee, a volunteer committee appointed by the Town Manager, is committed to the prevention of discriminatory employment practices.
The Committee assists the Town in implementing its Equal Opportunity Plan which sets the standards by which Equal Opportunity will be assured.
· Monitor compliance on Town contracted construction projects, including all school renovation projects.
· Public education about the role of the Equal Opportunity Advisory Committee.
· Information to all Town Departments on the rights of Americans with disabilities.
· Sponsor workshops for Town Employees and Department Heads.
· Monthly meetings to review current hiring practices.
· Cosponsor multicultural events and forums.
· Meet regularly with Town Officials to discuss Equal Opportunity goals.