|MassDOT's East Arlington Mass. Ave. Rebuild is expected to start in the Spring 2014 (Cambridge city line to Pond Lane (map)). The primary goal of the project is to upgrade the aging infrastructure including resurfacing the road, rebuilding sidewalks, and replacing outdated traffic signals, as well as improve safety for all users. . The length of the project is estimated at 2 construction seasons.
Stay in the Loop
The Town understands that this will have impacts on residents, businesses, and travelers in the area. In the coming months, the Town will work with MassDOT to develop a detailed communication plan to keep interested parties informed of upcoming work. If you would like to receive these notifications via email, please subscribe to the "East Arlington Mass. Ave. Rebuild" email list here (scroll to bottom of page). Or check back on this page for progress.
Next Steps & Helpful Information
Award: March, 2014
Notice to Proceed: Late Spring, 2014 (estimated)
What to Expect During Construction
- Mass. Ave. and all side streets will remain open to traffic at all times during construction.
- Reasonable access will be provided for pedestrians and vehicles through the project and to abutting properties.
- The Contractor will provide written notice to all abutters one week in advance of any sidewalk reconstruction work, and provide safe access to abutting properties during construction.
- Throughout the construction process, MassDOT will have a Resident Engineer on site to oversee construction.
- Once the contractor is chosen, the Town will work with the MassDOT Resident Engineer and the contractor to set up a process for distributing information to residents and businesses, and addressing concerns.
For additional information from MassDOT on this project please visit the state website