ARLINGTON PUBLIC SCHOOLS
In accordance with the provisions of Massachusetts General laws, Chapter 30A,
Section 20, notice is hereby given for the following meeting of the:
Arlington School Committee
Special School Committee Meeting
Tuesday, November 27, 2012
Arlington High School
School Committee Room – Sixth Floor
869 Massachusetts Avenue
Arlington, MA 02476
7:00 Opening Remarks (10 minutes) K. Allison-Ampe
7:10 Public Participation (10 minutes)
(per File BEDH, ASC Policy Manual)
- Speakers will be allowed three (3) minutes to present their material.
- Issues requiring extensive discussion may be deferred to a future meeting as a scheduled agenda item.
- All remarks will be addressed through the chairperson of the meeting
7:20 School Committee Advocacy Report, (15 minutes) P. Schlichtman
7:35 MASC Conference Report - Resource Materials for School Committee Members, (15 minutes) B. Hayner
- Evaluating the Superintendent Under the New Mass Educator Evaluation System
- “What You Want” Improving Your Outcomes Communications Strategies & Media and Interview Guide
- Telling Your Story, A Communications Guide for School Board
7:50 Consent Agenda (5 minutes)
All items listed with an asterisk (*) are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a member of the committee so request, in which event the item will be considered in its normal sequence:
*Approval of Warrant # 13070 Dated, November 15, 2012, Total Warrant Amount $721,264.10
*Minutes for Approval: October 25, 2012
7:55 Executive Session (30 minutes)
- To conduct strategy sessions in preparation for negotiations with nonunion personnel: Kathleen Bodie, Ed. D, Superintendent
*The listings of matters are those reasonably anticipated by the Chair, which may be discussed at the meeting. Not all items listed may in fact be discussed and other items not listed may also be brought up for discussion to the extent permitted by law.
Submitted by: K. Allison-Ampe, Chair, Arlington School Committee
**Stated times and time amounts (listed in parenthesis) are the estimated amount of time for that particular agenda item. Actual times may be shorter or longer depending on the time needed to fully explore the topic.