Skip Navigation
Welcome to Arlington, MA

This table is used for column layout.

The Seal of Arlington, MA

2008 Common Cause Award Recipient
2008 Common Cause Award Recipient
2007 Common Cause Award Recipient

How do I get electric service?

To establish service, call NStar (formerly Boston Edison) at 800-592-2000. You will have to tell them your name, employment data, complete address information (both old and new) and your Social Security number. If you are renting, NStar will also require your landlord's name and phone number. If the prior tenant has an outstanding balance with NStar, you will need to show proof that you will be a new tenant.

What choices do I have under deregulation?

Deregulation of utilities aims to provide consumers with choices. In that spirit, consider the following companies that offer utilities, including electric, gas, service contracts, local and long-distance phone, oil and cable-TV. See the list the state provides.

How do I get gas service?

(see notes about deregulation)

To establish service, call National Grid (formerly KeySpan) at 617-469-2300 or 1-800-732-3400. You will need to tell them your name, complete address information (both old and new) and your Social Security number.

How do I get telephone service?
(see notes about deregulation)

The area code for Arlington is 781. To establish telephone service:  Call Verizon at Verizon at 1-800-Verizon or RCN at 1-800-746-4726  or COMCAST at 1-888-633-4266.

What's needed: your name, employment data, complete address information  (both old and new), your old phone number, and the name or phone number  of the former occupant of your new location.

Note: Companies offering phone service will need to know the type of service  you want, residential or business. When you call, ask for an Arlington Yellow  and White Pages. Both will help you find valuable services available to  you here in Arlington.

Who do I call for cable-TV service?
(see notes about deregulation)

Arlington has three cable providers -- Comcast, Verizon, and RCN. RCN carries Public, Education, and Government (PEG) programming from Arlington Community Media Inc. (ACMI) on its channels 3, 13 and 15, Comcast carries the same programming on its channels 8, 9 and 10, and Verizon on its channels 31, 24, and 26.

Where do I call to report a streetlight or outage?

In December 2004, the Town of Arlington announced it has contracted with Siemens Industry Inc. to handle all streetlight replacements in Arlington. Any person wishing to report an outage may call them at  1-800-544-4876. Please be sure to provide a pole number when contacting them. You can also report a streetlight outtage online here.
Please call the Arlington Police department to report a problem with a traffic light at 781-643-1212

Town Hall 781-316-3000      Office Locations & Hours      Employment      Privacy Policy      Contact Webmaster
Virtual Towns & Schools Website