June 6 Annual Town Election: Vote-by-Mail or at the Polls
Please check your postal mail for a ballot request form to receive an early voting by mail ballot for the Town’s upcoming local election on June 6th. If you did not receive it, you can download it here. Polls will still be open utilizing new safety protocols, however it is encouraged that you take advantage of early voting by mail, so we can continue to do our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
Step 1 Request a Ballot
- The first step to acquiring an early voting by mail ballot is to fill out, sign, and return the ballot request form as soon as possible.
Step 2 Receive / Fill Out Ballot
- The second step, to have your ballot counted, mail or deliver it in time to reach your local election official before the polls close on election day on June 6th. You can mail it to the address provided (again allowing amply time) only 1 stamp is required.
Step 3 Return by Mail or Drop Off Ballot
You may also drop the ballot off at one of 3 drop boxes that will appear on Thursday, May 21st in Arlington with a “ballot” sign at:
- East Arlington: In front Fox Branch Library (175 Mass Ave.)
- Arlington Center: Town Hall, lower plaza (before front steps)
- Arlington Heights: ACMi building (85 ParkAve.)
Each of the three drop boxes are being emptied daily by the Town Clerk’s Office and are also under video surveillance in order to maximize the safety and security of ballots once deposited.
Absentee ballots applications may still be submitted. If you wish to request an absentee ballot for this election or for the remaining elections this fall, you may use this link to Download Absentee ballot request and instructions. Requests should be submitted ASAP (this week would be preferred) to ensure ample time to receive and turn in your ballot. Absentee ballots can also be dropped off at the boxes around Town listed above.