The Arlington Heights Neighborhood Action Plan Implementation Committee will oversee implementation of the Arlington Heights Neighborhood Action Plan (AHNAP), including recommendations related to zoning, design standards, parking, wayfinding, streetscape improvements, placemaking at the MBTA-owned Arlington Heights Busway, and other local regulations.
Key recommendations of the AHNAP are as follow:
- Create one entirely new business district to replace the existing four business districts;
- Re-zone part of the existing Industrial District, the four acre “Gold’s Gym” site, as a Planned Unit Development (PUD);
- Review the existing Design Standards to ensure they reflect neighborhood specifics;
- Work with the MBTA to better utilize the bus turn-around lot; and
- Explore ways in which creative place-making projects, both temporary and medium/long-term, can bring vitality to the Heights and foster a more active and vibrant street life.