This committee has been retired.
The year, 2017, marks the 25th anniversary of the completion of the Donald R. Marquis Minuteman Bikeway. In honor of this special milestone, Arlington’s Select Board established the Minuteman Bikeway 25th Anniversary Committee, which coordinated/created a series of celebratory events and items.
- Presentation by Alan McClennen, Arlington’s Director of Planning and Community Development from 1974 to 2003. The presentation focused on the development of the bikeway from conception to opening, and then on Mr. McClennen’s related experiences during his final years with the Town.
- Lecture by Dr. Stuart Brorson, President of the Arlington Historical Society. The lecture was entitled, Before the Bike Path: The Lexington and West Cambridge Railroad.
- Wild Edibles Bikeway Walk. The walk was led by Pam Kristan, an experienced forager who has led many such walks in the Boston area. Attendees learned how to identify edible species; where, when, and how much to harvest; and how to prepare findings.
- Minuteman Bikeway 25th Anniversary T-Shirt. To purchase, please contact Nat Strosberg, Senior Planner: email@example.com.
- Bikeway Photo Share. An online forum for sharing photos of the bikeway. To contribute to the photo share, please send digital photos at the highest possible resolution to firstname.lastname@example.org, and include your name as you would like to be credited. Photos are displayed here.
Below are links to videos about the bikeway:
- ACMI Bikeway 25th Series – First Installment
- History of the Bikeway (from McClennen Lecture)